I had a great trip! My sister and I painted 2 rooms, went to 4 baseball games, shuttled kids to and from school and practices, went on several walks, played games, made plans, and we even visited the beach... twice!
Ahhhh! That salty air and the sand between my toes does something wonderful to my senses!
I had a great time getting to know each of them better!
I have to mention here that finding an affordable plane ticket was nothing short of a miracle. I acknowledge the Lord's hand in making it possible for me to enjoy this experience. I will forever be thankful for the opportunity I had to share a week of my sister's life in her beautiful corner of the universe. I learned so much from her and her family and truly enjoyed the time I was able to spend with them. On the day of my departure, we even made time to go to the Boston Temple, and afterward visited Walden Pond
before heading to the Logan Airport in Boston, where my luggage received a thorough investigation before being allowed through the security gate! (I'm just glad it wasn't me getting the extra scan and "pat-down." And I learned to packed my underwear more discreetly.)

En route to Houston, our pilot skirted the storms in the mid-west and flew over some amazing cloud formations. I couldn't resist trying to capture a few. This black cloud looked just like a ship cutting through sea foam.At home, in Trenton, life carried on as usual--minus the Mom. My family has become so independent, I was actually worried most that they would never miss me while I was gone. (Then what purpose would I have when I returned and discovered they really didn't need me?) I suspect there was a party the first couple days... But on the third day out, I was informed that my youngest son declared, "There are no good cookers when Mom is gone!" Well, at least their stomachs missed me!
Actually, when I walked in the house upon my arrival home, it was very apparent that the Mom had been gone for a while. I don't know if anyone noticed that there were no more clean towels and or that the dust and clutter were collecting on the family room floor, but I came home to a world of purpose: which includes caring for my five beautiful children and my good husband. After a week long break from my regular chores, I'm ready to roll my sleeves up again... Bring on the dishes, the laundry,... and the dandelions!
Actually, when I walked in the house upon my arrival home, it was very apparent that the Mom had been gone for a while. I don't know if anyone noticed that there were no more clean towels and or that the dust and clutter were collecting on the family room floor, but I came home to a world of purpose: which includes caring for my five beautiful children and my good husband. After a week long break from my regular chores, I'm ready to roll my sleeves up again... Bring on the dishes, the laundry,... and the dandelions!
No comments:
Post a Comment