
I just love tulips! They make a great analogy for the seasons of life. Considering that they spend all winter hibernating under ground, storing essential energy for their imminent enunciation come Spring, I am always amazed at the splendor of their arrival. I celebrate tulips with gratitude for the wonderful splatter of God's love that has arrived in my garden to greet me and to inspire me to press forward. The color and texture of these bold flowers please my eye and soften my heart, preparing me for challenges that may lay ahead for me.
Some days, when I feel dormant, or bold, I consider myself a tulip.
That's the flower I would likely be...
if I were a flower.

This is the spot in my garden that Mrs. Pig and her lovely piglets came to visit. It used to be covered in strawberry plants. But, alas, my neighbors were so kind as to cultivate the soil for me, looking for grubs to eat, and woops, overturned dozens of strawberries. :( After finding a better place for my strawberries, (they needed more sun anyway and pigs can't reach them in the 3 foot high grow box) I rearranged this garden to protect it a little better from Mrs. Pig and her clan. Notice how I strategically placed the children's bench and the rocks to guard the openings to the garden. Hopefully, if those neighbors visit again, they will not find that garden so inviting, because I couldn't resist planting some Vinca, Dahlia, and Bachelor's Buttons in place of the strawberries, alongside the already flourishing Columbine, Rhubarb, and Bleeding Heart. Oh, my heart rejoices in the sight of that lovely spot of ground! I am so pleased how well it is turning out, thanks to the April and May showers we have experienced this year.
It is full of Chives! As well as Garlic, and Sage, some Thyme, Mint, and St. John's Wort. I also have Spinach, Peas, and Lettuce growing in this grow box. And yes, in the far east end are my strawberries--which are doing quite well considering their earlier predicament.

Of course the most important crop we are growing is children!
They have a place in our garden as well.
And they bring us the greatest joy!
Because of our children, there will always be dandelions in our garden.
However, through the eyes of children, even dandelions have great beauty and function!
No comments:
Post a Comment